Thursday, January 7, 2010

A post while I wait for my new camera!

My new camera arrives Friday... YAY! I am so very excited!! I can't wait to get started taking pictures of the things I have made and start selling on Etsy and posting more often on here as well. This week, I made a light box to use once my camera arrives. A light box is used to take great pictures of items indoors without using a flash. This especially works great with Macro photography, which I will be doing a lot of when taking pictures of jewelry for my Etsy store. There are a few different ways to make a light box, so check out the links HERE, HERE, and HERE for some ideas. The one HERE is the one I used.








My light box








Today, I am staying busy getting my house clean and organized for a small dinner we are having tomorrow with some friends. I am really looking forward to it! I have always thought that the best way to get your house clean is to invite people over! I don't know about you, but people coming over for dinner is always a great motivation for me to get off my behind, and get to cleaning! In this case, that also means unpacking the last few boxes, and organizing my new craft area. Fun, fun, fun!

Since I don't have my new camera, I figured I would just post some older pictures. So, allow me to introduce you to my Husband, Erik, and my children... that is, my furry, four legged children!





















My Hubby, and his guitar at Medicine Lake. He is such a talented musician, and I just love it when he plays for me. Oh, how I love that man!!



Here we are, in December 2009. 5 1/2 years married, and going strong!



Our younger pup, Shelby, is part Black Lab, and part Great Dane we believe. She is about a year old, and she loves to sleep in the back window of our car.... even now, when she is WAY to big to be up there! Shelby is just about 1 year old and is still very much a puppy! She can be crazy at times, but she can also be quite a sweet girl. :-)



This is Cammie, our older pup. She is a Black Lab mix of some kind. She is about 2 1/2 years old. This dog has completely stolen my heart. She is so sweet and just loves to snuggle. She has very tender, loving eyes.



When we first brought Shelby home, Cammie wasn't quite sure what to think! But now, they are best buds.... most of the time at least!! Shelby is a little hyper for Cammie's taste sometimes. It cracks me up when they get jealous of the one another when one is getting attention for Erik or I!

So, that is our little family. No human kids for us yet, but I am sure those will come in the next few years. For now, I love our little house with my wonderful husband, and my two sweet doggies.

~Amber



1 comment:

  1. What a cute couple you are!!! Also, wow, 5 1/2 years--congrats!

    ReplyDelete